27 septembre 2013

Festival Zétinsèl

September 7th, 2013 ~ Entre-Deux ~ Reunion Island

For the last two years, I've wanted to bring my family to the Festival Zétinsèl held annually in the south of the island in a lovely "village créole" named Entre-Deux.
Well, this year, I did better than that!
Not only did I bring my family there, but I also brought my StoryBox and shared my love of stories and cultures of the English speaking world with a bunch of kids at the festival.

Among other stories, we shared :



by Rod Campbell, always a favourite...



kids love to discover which animal is hidden behind the flaps,
they love to learn their names in English too!


We then travelled to Australia to meet Dizzy and her friends Snuffle, Spike and Bounce,
 starring in Rebecca Johnson's and Tony Flowers' Biggest Tower Ever,




a story about sharing and reaching higher goals when working together, 
this story has been in our family since 2005,
we just LOVE it!
and the audience at the festival did too!!!

When the kids get the wiggles, I usually read Eric Carle's From Head to Toes



Here we are kicking our legs like donkeys!
This book is definitely a StoryBox hit.

It was a wonderful day for all involved, 
my family, my StoryBox and myself were glad to be a part of it.
Now we are off to new bookish fun until we leave these shores
and start the StoryTime Around the World adventure.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire